Well, one of the things I expected to happen with the job change last year was the return of my energy to write code for random projects.  After several years of coding for a living, any desire to pick up a keyboard and hack on either my own projects ( or public projects ) was pretty much non-existent.

I’ve spent quite a few hours over the past week or so cleaning up the Value Editor mod for the EVE Killboard, along with patches to the core code, such as implementing the ability to store raw mails and fixing the portrait grabbing code.  I’ve also spent several hours providing support on the killboard forum for various other users of the software, and I have to say, I’m quite content now.  There’s something about providing code (for free) that people find useful.

Not sure what I’ll tackle next (other than the value editor, it needs a few more tweaks) – perhaps the mod that shows ship fits as a graphic.  One of the forum users has reported that it whacks their Apache installation load wise.

Back in the coding saddle
Tagged on: