Skip to content
- Investigate whether I can get a smaller wheel for the helm; her wheel is so large it’s hard to get to the sheet winches etc.
- Build the electronics required to convert the engine RPM signal from the tachometer to ERRPM NMEA sentences
- Oscilloscope on order, and I have various things like a Feather HUZZAH that might work for ADC conversion
- Re-check all the navigation lights, and work out how to repair/replace broken ones on the mast
- Finish labelling all of the electrical cables in the wiring cabinet behind the chart table
- Work out what it’ll cost to upgrade from her older Raymarine SeaTalk system to a NMEA 2000 system with chart plotter etc
- Build a NMEA logger that can consume data over WiFi from the MiniPlex and log it to a SD card.
- A Raspberry Pi is the easy way, but requires more power than I want.
- The Feather would work, especially if it only came on periodically and captured a snapshot of data.
- The Pi needs 1 – 2 amps of power, the Feather needs 80 milliamps.
Work out why the water from the calorifier is brown; suspect something inside the tank has rusted, since cold feed is not brown Enquire with Quick about the existing water heater, see if the modern ones are a drop-in replacement Suspect issue is lack of knowledge on my part about the anode in the heater Install a solar panel to keep the batteries topped up in winter etc Forward of the companionway seems like the right place; have to work out how to get the power cable down to the batteries without taking the headliner off Engine exhaust needs replacing
- Sanitation works
Second to last job left is replacing the cobbled join behind the head with a single run of Vetus 38mm
- Last job left is putting all the boards back in place and screwing everything down in the head
- Wiring upgrade
- Pump hammer
- Install an AIS transceiver
- Part ordered start of August 2020 from SVB in Germany.
- Part is an Alltek Marine B600s; uses the same carrier access as class A
- Wiring work, parts 1 and 2
- Sentences from the unit
- SWR testing
- Replace the calorifier
- Engine exhaust replaced at Malahide yard when doing annual antifoul
- Add basic solar power
- Refurbish the wind transducer
- Done myself, local riggers took it down and put it up for me
- Wash all the cushion covers
- No blog post, but they survived a 40C wash and spin cycle