Skip to content
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp mixed powdered spice / cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 155g plain flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- Oil to fry
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mixed powdered spice
- For the garnish, blend the 2 tbsp of brown sugar, and the 1 tsp of mixed powdered spice
- Mix the 3 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp spice in a bowl.
- Sift the baking powder and flour together, mix well.
- Peel, cut, and boil the pumpkin in salted water until soft.
- Drain pumpkin thoroughly, to avoid watery fritters, and mash to a pulp.
- Add the mixed sugar and spice to the pulped pumpkin.
- Whisk the egg, and mix into the pulped pumpkin.
- Add the baking powder/flour mixture to the pulped pumpkin until it becomes a good dropping consistency.
- Shallow fry on both sides, using a medium heat, until dark brown. Adjust the heat as necessary to avoid burning the outside of the fritter.
- Once cooked, the fritter should be thin, with a creamy consistency inside.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with garnish.