I’m finally going to get Blue Opal out of Dublin Bay and the surrounds later this year, so it’s time to finish up a bunch of jobs. The sanitation hose from the toilet to the diverter valve has been replaced.
Ever since I bought Blue Opal, the wind transducer has been a bit finicky. It had problems indicating low wind speeds, and would sometimes just stop spinning. I kind of ignored it, because I don’t need to know the wind
In a previous post, I noted how the AIS sentences had caused me to think that the VSWR alarm was being triggered, but in fact they were inactive alarms. However, I decided to get a baseline SWR reading, and a
Back in 2020, I posted about the alarm sentences for the B600s AIS transceiver by Alltek Marine. While on the boat this weekend, I was monitoring the NMEA sentences while testing some new software, and I noticed that the sentences
While tidying Blue Opal yesterday, I noticed that her clock and barometer were looking rather dull. A bit of Peek, an hour in the workshop, and a modicum of effort has lead to them looking a lot better. There’s a
I’ve been planning to add solar power to Blue Opal for a year or more now, and I’ve finally got around to doing it. A combination of a Phaesun Mare Flex 55W panel (archive), and a Votronic MPP 250 solar